Snapchat has My Story and Our Story. Both are different. By default, My Story stays for 24 hours and can be seen by your friends. Our stories can still be seen throughout Snapchat for a day, two days, or even longer. After the stated time period, the story ends and is automatically deleted. But if you change your mind before, here’s how to delete the Snapchat story from your iPhone or Android device.
How to Save a Snapchat Story Before Deleting it
Before you see the steps for deleting, here’s how to save Snapchat Stories, if it’s useful for you.
Save Entire Story to Memories
- Open Snapchat on iPhone or Android.
- Tap your Profile icon from the top left.
- Tap the Save icon next to My Story or Our Story.
- Tap Yes.
Save Single Snap from Story to Memories
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap your Profile icon from the top left corner.
- Tap on My Story or Our Story to develop it.
- Tap on Snap to see it in full screen.
- Tap the Save icon from the lower right. Or, long press. Or, tap the three dot icon.
- Tap the Save icon.
Save Locked from the Memories Application to Photos
Now, let’s see how to save Snaps to Camera Roll.
- Open Snapchat.
- Swipe up from the center of the screen.
- All your saved Snaps and Stories are here. Tap one. Or, long press to select some beans.
- If you tap on a Snap: It opens in full screen. Press or tap the three dot icon.
- Tap Export Snap. Finally, tap Save Video (or Save Image).
- If you choose several Locked: Tap on Export. Tap Save as Video (to merge all Locked into one video and save) or Save Video number / Save Image number (to save it as an individual media file).
- Now that we have finished saving Snaps, let’s see how to delete them before they end automatically.
How to Delete Snap from My Story on iPhone or Android
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Tap your Story icon from the top left corner.
- Tap the My Story icon. Tap somewhere else on My Story to expand it. Then tap the snap icon.
- Long press on it. Or, tap the three dot icon.
- Then tap the delete icon, and confirm.
Or, if you tap one snap, you will see a delete icon. Knock it. If you tap the My Story icon, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and tap the delete icon.
Repeat this process if you want to delete several snap from My Story.
How to Delete Snap from Our Story on iPhone or Android
You can delete Locked from Our Story by following the method above. There are also additional ways. Let’s look at it now.
- Open Snapchat on your mobile.
- Tap your profile icon from the top left.
- Tap the Settings icon from the top right.
- Scroll down and tap on Our Story Snaps.
- Tap the Delete icon.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Our stories by you will also be deleted from Search, Context Cards and Snap Map.
That is all!
This is an easy way to delete Snapchat stories before they expire. I hope you find what you are looking for.