iOS 14 is out of the shadows! Being the ultimate beta tester, I have downloaded and installed it on my iPhone. It lets me use all the new features Apple has baked into it. If you are also on the same boat and want to download and install iOS 14.2 developer beta 1 on your device, let me show you how.
Before you start:
- First and foremost, make sure your iPhone is compatible with iOS 14
- Make sure your iOS device is fully backed up via Mac, PC, or iCloud. If you haven’t put everything in a safe position, be sure to check out these helpful tips to prepare your device ideally for iOS beta testing
- Make sure you have an Apple developer account ($ 99 / yearly). Otherwise, you won’t be able to officially download the beta profile.
How to Download iOS 14.2 Beta 1 Developer on iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to Developer.apple.com
- Tap the “Download New Beta” tab. Then, log in to your account with your username and password.
- Go to the iOS 14 beta section and hit Install Profile. A pop-up may appear on the screen, saying that the website is trying to open Settings to display a configuration profile. Tap on Allow and then Close.
- Now, the iOS beta software profile will start downloading on your device
- Now open the Settings app → Downloaded Profiles. Then hit Install and enter your passcode.
- Tap Install from the top right then tap Install again at the bottom.
- Tap Restart to apply the necessary changes to your device
Once iOS 14 Beta has been downloaded to your device, installing it will be very easy. Read on …
How to Install iOS 14.2 Beta 1 on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap General → Software Update.
- The iOS 14 beta profile will be waiting for you. Tap Download and Install. Enter your mobile passcode.
The download will start, you can see the progress bar on the screen. Take a cup of warm tea and wait for the process to finish.
How to Get Started with iOS 14.2 Beta 1
Once your device has restarted, it will rock iOS 14. Now, you’re almost ready.
- Tap Continue and then enter your passcode.
- Now, you need to wait a while for the iCloud settings to update properly. Finally, hit Get Started.
How to Download and Install iOS 14.2 Beta 1 on iPhone Using Finder
Just in case you can’t download the beta version of iOS 14 directly on your iPhone, use Finder help. Just make sure your Mac is running macOS Catalina.
- First things first, download the iOS beta software recovery image for your iPhone from Apple’s developer page.
- Launch Finder on your Mac and connect your iOS device.
- Select your iPhone from the sidebar
- In the Summary panel, you need to press and hold the Option key then click the Restore iPhone option.
- After that, select the iOS beta software recovery file and open it
- Now, click on Restore to start the installation
After the beta has been successfully installed, your iPhone will restart. The device will need an active network connection to complete activation.
That’s quite a lot!
It’s Time to Use iOS 14 for the Long Term!
Now that iOS 14 is at your disposal, see what new things it has to offer. Explore everything that’s packed inside. Also, try to dig a little to find hidden gems. And if you find something out of the box, be sure to keep us updated too.