Facebook’s new dating feature is gaining attention with its launch for all the right reasons. Being one of the largest online social communities, Facebook offers a variety of attractive dating features such as secret crush lists and Instagram attachments. If you are excited to find and match your ideal companion, let us guide you on how to use Facebook dating on iPhone.
What is Facebook Dating and How Does It Work?
A new addition to the Facebook application allows you to connect romantically with other users on Facebook. If you want to find love online, this quote from Facebook “Find Love Through What You Like” is for you.
The best thing about this feature is that you don’t need to create another account. Before continuing, here are a few things you might want to consider.
- Facebook will suggest you matches of likes and interests on your profile. You will be recommended to other Facebook Dating users according to your current profile information.
- Your Facebook friends can’t see your dating profile, and you can’t see their profile either.
- Posts and media files that you share on your dating profile will not be visible on your regular profile. Your chat on Facebook dating will be different from your conversations on Facebook Messenger.
Here is a list of countries where Facebook Dating is supported:
- United States
How to set up a Facebook dating profile on iPhone
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Open the Menu from the bottom right corner.
- Select Date.
Once you have filled in the necessary details such as picture and location, your Facebook dating profile will be created using the information on your Facebook Profile. If you want you can customize it by adding photos and information and posting pictures from your Instagram profile.
How to Use Facebook Dating on iPhone
You will be given a recommendation every time you enter the dating section of your Facebook app. This is how you respond to the profiles recommended for you.
- Tap the heart icon to like the user’s profile. Tap X to skip. If you like someone’s profile, they’ll be told you like them. And, if they touch your heart, you’re good to start a conversation.
- To see your matches and chats, tap the Matches section above.
- To improve your suggested matches, try answering random questions by going to the Answer Questions section at the bottom of your profile page.
What is Secret Crush Feature?
- Facebook Dating allows you to match up with your Facebook friends and Instagram followers via the secret crush feature located at the bottom of the screen.
- If you add a profile to your secret crush list, and if they are on Facebook Dating, they will be notified that someone has added them to your secret crush list without revealing your identity.
- If they also added you as a secret crush, congrats, it’s a match!
How to Adjust Facebook Dating Settings?
You can find a list of customization features for managing your profile and dating features under Facebook dating settings, which are divided into two sections.
- Ideal Match: Manage your dating preferences under the Ideal Match tab such as distance, gender, age range, height range etc.
- General: Customize add-ons like Instagram & Facebook posts to show on your profile, share your dating profile with friends, account settings, etc.
How to Delete Facebook Dating Account on iPhone
If you feel that this dating feature is not worth using, you can delete your profile without deleting the main Facebook account. Remove it with these easy steps.
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom right.
- Tap the Dating option → Tap on the Settings screen.
- Go to General Settings.
- Tap Delete Profile under the Account section.
- Select the reason why you are deleting your dating profile then press Next.